Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Dave Ramsey LIVE!




Last week Tim and I enjoyed volunteering at the Pepsi Coliseum for Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover Live" event. With 7,000 other folks, we listened to Dave talk about practical personal money management. How to "Live like no one else, so you can live like no one else later". Tim and I manned book tables with our friend Paul during the breaks.

I've known about Dave and his money philosophy since I received his first book, Financial Peace, from my pastor as a graduation gift. While initially I thought it was an unusual gift, after I read it, I realized there weren't many gifts more fitting for a new grad. Because of reading that book, I have began and grown Megelaine Images debt free. If I don't have the money for it, I don't buy it.

In addition, every bit of profit from my business, since I got married, has been paying off student debt in our "debt snowball". Every day in the office I listen to Dave's radio program from 12-3 on 95.9fm. What he teaches isn't rocket science, but rather practical ways to control your money now and for your financial future. The most exciting thing about his plan is the ability it gives you to be a "giver" once you are debt free and how it can truly change your family tree. There is so much freedom and peace found when you are not tied down with payments!

I can't really emphasize how important I think it is to give a listen to his radio show or read one of his books. Even if you don't follow his plan to a "T" or at all, there is just good knowledge to gain about money. It's something we all deal with, no matter who we are. If anyone is interested in borrowing a book, just let me know, I have two on my shelf.

Hopefully in about another year, Tim and I will get to scream "We're debt free!!!" on his radio show as we kick that student debt to the curb for good!
Buzz It

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! My husband and I also attended that event and are about a year away from yelling "we're debt free!!" on Dave's program too! :) I agree, Dave's books and advice is the best gift you can give someone. Great pics too by the way, I just ran across your website from another site...
Erin
www.erinhession.com

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

Yeah for you guys! I just googled LIVE EVENT for Dave & found your great photos. We screamed debt free over a year ago & it has been nothing but great ever since! I am sending my in-laws to a live event tomorrow.