Friday, April 18, 2008

Camporee!

Last weekend I braved the weather with troop 21 to go on their first camping trip. The weather couldn't have been colder for April.

As a note, I am an assistant leader with a troop that is led by my friend Julie. Her roommate is Chrissy, who is also a dear friend of mine, it the other assistant leader. None of us have any kids just to clear up any confusion. We just thought it was a good way to love and encourage the young women of tomorrow in the community.

With that said, Saturday at 8:30 we left for a trip that we didn't really know what it would hold. Being only familiar with Boy Scouts previously, I had prepared for the worst. Hiking boots, extra blankets, TP in a Ziploc, lantern, etc. Turns out there was an awesome heated lodge with flushing toilets. (what a relief!) Most of the activities were moved inside, including out evening campfire with smore making. (see image below) I think the funniest thing was when the girls riding in my car were convinced they saw a tiger in the woods on the way there! The image quality on these isn't stellar as I only brought my cheapo point and shoot. Regardless, enjoy. If anyone has a great camping story feel free to comment!

Winter jackets in April.

Bubbles are always entertaining.

Snack Break.

At the Hula party. Don't you love the orange leader visors?

Not quite the real thing, but still tasty.


One crazy slumber party.
Buzz It

0 comments: