Thursday, November 26, 2009

Drumstick Dash

Tim and I ran in our first Drumstick Dash this morning. It is a huge (9,500) race around Broad Ripple to raise money for Wheeler Mission. Since Tim and I decided about 2 1/2 weeks ago to sign up we opted to just do the short 2.3 mile course instead of the full 4.5.

It was crazy to see the streets we use everyday completely packed with runners. It never really thinned out and I spent most of my effort trying not to run into anyone. Tim however spent most of his energy yelling out "Happy Thanksgiving", "YMCA", and random words of encouragement.

Unfortunately I totally goofed and apparently held down a button too long on my watch and so we can only guess what our time was. We were happy to finish, support a good cause and be out with our community this morning. Special props to our friends, Jenny, Kevin and Sarah who ran the 4.5 mile course today. (because a post needs a photo, I took one self timer pic on our way out the door, you can see my enthusiasm)

Now to feast and be thankful with family. Happy Thanksgiving!





Buzz It

1 comments:

Jake & Christina said...

haha...I love your "enthusiastic" face in the photo. :)
Congrats on running the race!