Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Indianapolis Weather

I feel bad for anyone that had to take wedding photographs in Indianapolis this past weekend.

Some of you know that I grew up in a small town in Southern, Indiana. After moving to Indianapolis around five years ago, I have grown to really love many parts of the City. One thing I do not like, though, is the winter weather!

You may or may not believe me, but it is seriously warmer in my hometown of Rockport because it is so close to the Ohio River...something about a micro-climate or some such thing. Regularly when I call my mom, she will tell me it is 5-10 degrees warmer than it is here in Indy. Yesterday was no exception. I called Mom and she said that they were covered with 3-4 inches of snow. I exclaimed that I hate the winter weather in Indy because we have had more than a foot over the past two weeks!

Now many of you are suffering through multiple feet of snow on the East Coast, so maybe your thinking the same about me as I did with my Mom. Others of you on the West Coast are laughing at all of us because you have no snow at all. Point taken...

Anyhow, since it has been so bad, I haven't gone out of the house much and it is driving me crazy! So this morning I braved the elements and trekked through the snow to a great local coffee joint: Cornerstone Coffeehouse. The place has great, warm wood paneling and good hot drinks.

Here's to all of you suffering the winter weather blues. May you find warmth and a good cup of hot chocolate!
Buzz It

1 comments:

Melody said...

Love it! I'm right there with you! I grew up in southern Ohio, so this has taken some life adjusting. ;) Stay warm... Hugs to you...Mel