Thursday, March 4, 2010

Less than 48 hours ║ San Diego, California

After our time at the orphanage in Rosarito we decided to spend a little time enjoying San Diego before flying home. It was my first time experiencing the city. With so many possibilities of what we could see and do it was hard to decide. Lucky for me, my friends Ashley and Andy lived in San Diego recently and were able to point out the highlights via email. I carried that printed email with us the whole time (good thing since my iPhone died). Wonderful recommendations; the Gas Lamp District for dinner/nightlife, La Jolla beach, Cafe 222 (peanut butter banana french toast!) across from their old apartment, and Balboa Park. Though our time was short, I was impressed with the city and what it had to offer. I also couldn't help but think about how drastically different life looked from one side of the border wall to the other.

PS-Here's to Southwest Airlines for having our flight come back to Indianapolis 25 minutes early...awesome!







































































Buzz It

1 comments:

Maya Laurent said...

I want sun, warmth and the ocean! Jealous!